Company Name: KOBAY TECHNOLOGY BERHAD
Stock Name: KOBAY
Date Announced: 16 Dec 2015
Category: Listing Circular
Reference Number: ILC-16122016-00002
Bonus issue of up to 34,040,375 new ordinary shares of RM1.00 each in Kobay Technology Bhd (“Kobay Shares”) (“Bonus Share(s)”) to be credited as fully paid-up on the basis of one (1) Bonus Share for every two (2) existing Kobay Shares held at 5.00 p.m. on 30 December 2016
Kindly be advised of the following :
1) The above Company’s securities will be traded and quoted “[Ex-Bonus Issue]” as from: 28 Dec 2016
2) The last date of lodgment : 30 Dec 2016
3) Retention Money: Where securities are not delivered in time for registration by the seller, then the brokers concerned:-
a) Selling Broker to deduct <1/3>, of Selling Price against the Selling Client
b) Buying Broker to deduct <33.33%>, of Purchase Price against the Buying Client
c) Between Broker and Broker, the deduction of <1/3>, of the Transacted Price is applicable.
1) “Bursa Malaysia Securities Bhd would like to clarify that on the basis of settlement taking place after 30 December 2016 with bonus issue of KOBAY shares of RM1.00 each, any shareholder who is entitled to receive KOBAY bonus issue shares, may sell any or all of his KOBAY shares arising from the bonus issue beginning the Ex-Date (28 December 2016).
For example, if Mr X purchases 200 KOBAY shares on cum basis on 27 December 2016, Mr X should receive 200 shares on 30 December 2016. As a result of the bonus issue, a total of 300 KOBAY shares will be credited into Mr X’s CDS account on the night of 30 December 2016 being the Book Closing Date. Therefore, Mr X can sell the bonus issue shares of 300 on or after the Ex-Date i.e. from 28 December 2016 onwards.”
2) The terms used herein shall, unless the context otherwise stated, bear the same meaning as those defined in the earlier announcement dated 25 October 2016. The Bonus Issue will entail the issuance of up to 34,040,375 Bonus Shares to be credited as fully paid-up on the basis of one (1) Bonus Share for every two (2) existing Kobay Shares held by the Entitled Shareholders. The Bonus Shares will be listed and quoted on the Main Market of Bursa Securities on 3 January 2017, being one (1) market day after the Entitlement Date. The notice of allotment for the Bonus Shares to the Entitled Shareholders will be issued and despatched within four (4) market days after the date of listing of and quotation for the Bonus Shares on the Main Market of Bursa Securities.